We are a membership organisation and support the wine producers of Kent, Surrey, Sussex and London South. The aims of the SEVA are:
- To provide members with an opportunity to develop and exchange their knowledge and experience of viticulture and the making and promotion of English Wine
- To represent the members at national level within the United Kingdom Wine Producers(UKWP)
- To promote the commercial activity of the members
- To encourage social interaction between members
- To generate opportunities, facilitate, and provide funding for research, development and marketing initiatives
Who can join?
Anyone who has an interest in wine produced in the South East of England is invited to join, but the Association is specifically designed to meet the needs of commercial producers of English Wine and amateur vinegrowers and winemakers in the region. Membership is available to individuals, partnerships and limited companies. Please see our joining section for more information on how to join.
These are just some of the reasons to join the SEVA:
- Emailed copy of our newsletter SEVANews two times a year
- Invites to attend to our Social Events: including our summer BBQ, harvest celebration, AGM/Technical Conference and study tours. For details of upcoming events, please see our website.
- Regular emailed news and updates
- Membership of the SEVA email forum so you can communicate directly with the other members
- Membership of the UKWP and its related benefits (including invitations to meetings, copies of the Grape Press magazine and membership of its email forum)
- The opportunity for commercial members with vineyards/wineries to attend SEVA Forums for vineyard managers, winemakers and wine business
- The opportunity to enter your wines into the UK Wine Awards, organised by UKWP
- Website login and access to online information
- Opportunities to meet other members, network, and share knowledge and information
- Representation of your views at the UKWP national level through the Committee and its Chairman.
- The opportunity to enter the SEVA Initiative Fund – and benefit from the projects undertaken by the winners
- The opportunity to attend our biennial study tours – so far, we have successfully organised visits to the Champagne region, Alsace in 2013, Germany in 2015 and North East Italy in 2017. Please contact Belinda Mercer, General Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- An invite to our AGM, and the chance to attend our Technical Conference.
- The opportunity to put yourself forward as a SEVA Committee member
- Up to date information about the latest training courses and educational opportunities available to those in the industry
- The opportunity to showcase your eligible wines at the prestigious annual English Wine Producers’ trade and press tasting
And much more…!