SEVA run a number of events throughout the year. These include:
- The Annual General Meeting and members’ lunch with a Technical Conference after – usually held in April.
- Biennial study tours – usually held in the summer (see Study Tours section for more details)
- The SEVA Forums for vineyard managers, winemakers and wine business
- The Summer BBQ – usually held in September
- Harvest Celebration Meal – usually held in November
All members and their friends are invited to our social events; usually places are supplied at subsidised SEVA rates for up to four guests from one vineyard. For more details about upcoming events dates, please see our calendar, found here, or contact Belinda Mercer, General Secretary.
SEVA AGM & TECHNICAL CONFERENCE
This is held once a year, usually around April / May, and comprises a short general AGM, an update on SEVA’s latest activities and a Technical Conference with guest speakers. There is also an opportunity to network with other members over a delicious lunch.
SEVA Study Tours
We also run biennial study tours, so members can learn from visiting other wine-making regions of the world. To date, these have included Champagne, Alsace region in 2013, Germany 2015, North East Italy in 2017. Please see our Study Tours page for more information.
Our Social Events, such as the Summer BBQ and Harvest Celebration Meal, allow our members to network, exchange ideas and socialise. Alongside delicious food and drink, we hold tutored tastings, quizzes, invite speakers and hold other wine-related activities at these events. We offer subsidised places for members and their families, so you don’t have to be a member to join in! See our calendar for the latest upcoming social events.